Thursday, April 19, 2007

BMW M5 vs. BMW M6


Picture Order (top to bottom): M6, 5 Series, M5, 6 Series

So I have a bone to pick w/ BMW about the new M5 and M6 bodies. I realize that the M5's body is modeled after the 5 Series, which was fine, for last year's body. But now that the new 5 Series came out, it's much smaller than the older body and looks just like the 3 Series ... Granted it's more powerful, but why pay $20,000 more for a car that looks just like it's $35,000 model?? (Side note: The 3 Series Coupe is excluded from this entire conversation.)

Okay so now you look at the M6, which I LOVE b/c it's just the absolutely sexiest car EVER. It doesn't exactly beat out the Lambo -- it's just a different kind of sexy. Anyway, I digress.

So moving onto the M6, which is modeled after the 6 Series, which is totally fine b/c the 6 Series doesn't look like the 3 or 5 Series.

So why couldn't BMW just put a little more work into differentiating the 3 from the 5?? My life would be much easier b/c (although I wouldn't actually be able to buy either) I used to love the M5 and now I just want the $105,000 M6 -- see what you made me do BMW?! Maybe I just don't like the new 3 and 5 Series bodies ...

Pictures are on the left.

No comments: