Tuesday, March 6, 2007

One Man, One Year, One Thousand Bars


Achievement
One Man, One Year, One Thousand Bars
Dan Freeman 03.06.07

I have to give this man props -- 1000 bars in 1 year -- that's averaging 3 bars a day (if he goes to one every single day of the year)

There are a number of issues that immediately came to mind as I began reading the article:
1. First, how healthy is it to consume (at the bare minimum) 1000 drinks in one year? I suppose some of us may do it anyway, even without the challenge, but I don't know, it just sounds like a lot


2. Second, how much money did this guy spend? I assume that once the story became known , he began to get free drinks, but still, that's a lot of drinks to pay for ...

3. And lastly, when did he have time to be productive?? I mean, taking on 1000 bars in one year is quite the task -- do you think he kept his day job? Or did the day consist of recovering from a hangover?

Just some things to consider when you read the article. All in all -- an alcoholic's dream come true...


No comments: