Friday, January 26, 2007

Myspace Hackers

So I have a myspace profile -- together w/ the other Billion people out there! Anyways, for the past few weeks I kept getting locked out of my account "due to excessive failed logins". So it made me think -- why would people want to hack into your myspace account? I mean there isn't any real important information on there about me. It doesn't have my address, my phone number, no credit card info, etc.

The way I found out I had people hack my account was seeing a bulletin about how people had hackers in their friends list. So I went into my friends list and loandbehold I had about 12 hacker profiles. The way I knew it was hackers was b/c their profiles said "this profile no longer exists" which means myspace cancelled their account (I think).

So I guess I wanted to post the question of WHY do people want to hack into other people's profiles? Sometimes they will even corrupt/change your profile for you. Some will attach some virus thing so that your account becomes contaminated if you look at a hacked profile. Any thoughts/insights?

No comments: