Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Reserved for Expectant Mothers"

So I was at the Century City mall today -- doing some Saturday afternoon shopping -- and I saw this sign in the parking garage, it said "Reserved for Expectant Mothers." My first though was, wow, that's great, its the equivalent of a lactation room at the office but a parking spot...

And then I thought about it... how can do they know if you're an expectant mother (other than the obvious belly)? I mean, is there a certain time frame where you are considered to be an expectant mother where you are allowed and not allowed to park? Is it just in the third trimester or is as soon as you get pregnant?

The purpose of the sign is obvious -- but I couldn't stop my brain from coming up with all these questions... Thought I'd share...

No comments: